1. Domestic Violence is NOT your fault.
2. Safety of you and your children is the number ONE priority.
3. Seek legal advice promptly.
4. Make sure you are receiving all your entitlements and be aware of your rights.
5. Seek help, there is lots of assistance out there from law enforcement, community agencies and us.
6. Seek support through friends, support groups and professional counselling. Build strong social networks.
7. Children are affected by family violence. Use your support networks to help with parenting, grandparents, teachers, youth workers, professional counseling.
8. See a financial counsellor to get your finances on track. The sooner you ask for help, the easier it is.
9. Take time out for yourself. If you can't look after yourself, you can't look after your children.
10. Focus on the future and what you want from the future. Set yourself achievable short term and long term goals.
Call, email or use the interest survey button in the right column.
Use the Yellow Quick Exit link if the situation demands a speedy exit from this site. Remember to delete history from time to time.
If this is not an issue, simply hit the X on the right side of the red bar.
Take 60 seconds to complete our interest survey!
We have a resource center with dozens of information brochures for you to have.