1. Domestic Violence is NOT your fault.
2. Safety of you and your children is the number ONE priority.
3. Seek legal advice promptly.
4. Make sure you are receiving all your entitlements and be aware of your rights.
5. Seek help, there is lots of assistance out there from law enforcement, community agencies and us.
6. Seek support through friends, support groups and professional counselling. Build strong social networks.
7. Children are affected by family violence. Use your support networks to help with parenting, grandparents, teachers, youth workers, professional counseling.
8. See a financial counsellor to get your finances on track. The sooner you ask for help, the easier it is.
9. Take time out for yourself. If you can't look after yourself, you can't look after your children.
10. Focus on the future and what you want from the future. Set yourself achievable short term and long term goals.
Call, email or use the interest survey button in the right column.
Recent TOP (largest)sponsors/donors of DVP, Inc:
Basic Software Systems
Christus St. Michael
Class at Wiliams Memorial
First Baptist Moore's Lane
Guarantee Bank & Trust
Junior League of TXK.
Moses Building and Rental
NAIFA (special thanks to David Mims for this)
Offenhauser & Co.
Phares Rental Properties
ReNew Medical Spa
Texarkana Tractor Co.
Wadley Regnl. Med. Cntr.
Women's Clan of Atlanta
York Pecan Co.
Dr. Gary Stading
John & Suzy Heath
Joseph & Nancy Robbins
Miller County Circut Clerks
Mr. & Mrs. Philip McCoy
Rodney & Debra Sullivan
Roy & Carolyn Folse
We have a resource center with dozens of information brochures for you to have.